Championing transformation of the Yorkshire food system for healthy people, thriving businesses and a flourishing planet.
What is the FixOurFood Commission?
We have established the FixOurFood Commission to provide a cohesive voice for Yorkshire food system transformation supporting healthy people, thriving businesses and a flourishing planet. It will work alongside stakeholders to action change in food policy, remodel supply chains and public food procurement, improve dietary health, particularly in young people, and support innovation in regenerative practices.
The FixOurFood Commission is part of the FixOurFood research programme, based at the University of York. For further information about the FixOurFood Commission, please contact Sophie Stewart at: email@example.com
We are recruiting
We are currently looking for action-oriented commissioners who share our passion to transform the Yorkshire food system and have the skills, experience, networks and perspective that will contribute to that essential change process.
We are using this selection process to ensure that the Commission encompasses a broad range of experience and perspectives. We will strive to remove barriers that prevent people from applying to become Commissioners and are committed to recruiting commissioners with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and views.
As a commissioner you will:
- Contribute to the transformation of the Yorkshire food system alongside other like-minded professionals – improving human and planetary health, supporting purpose driven food businesses and networks.
- Champion an area of action which has been identified as essential for regional food system transformation.
- Attend an induction into the work of the Commission.
- Attend quarterly meetings online or in person as appropriate.
We are looking for skills and expertise in the following areas:
- Supply chain innovation
- Farm innovation for regenerative approaches
- Purpose driven businesses, particularly in food manufacture and processing
- School food
- Public procurement
- Dietary and public health, including obesity
This role is voluntary, but appropriate expenses will be met. You can find out more here: fixourfood.org/commission. You can also get in touch with any queries by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please download the PDF version of the role specification below.
Conditions of application and how to apply
All applicants need to be nominated by another person or organisation. Please provide the nominator’s contact details or details of a named contact in the nominating organisation. All applicants must be based in Yorkshire.
To apply please email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to be a FixOurFood Commissioner. Closing date for applications is 30 November 2023. We reserve the right to interview candidates.