FixOurFood in Schools is an ambitious project with the vision of transforming food in schools in Yorkshire. Working alongside school staff, children, farmers and businesses, our aim is that tasty, good quality, sustainable food is eaten by all children in schools and early years settings.
We’re aiming to recruit all primary schools with nurseries across Yorkshire! There are a number of different ways to be involved in our network, from giving permission for us to contact you and allowing us to use the school’s basic data, to allowing the team to visit the school and collect more detailed information. There are a range of reasons why it could be beneficial for your school to join the FixOurFood in Schools Network. These include:
- You will be able to use the survey results to monitor how things change in your school.
- You will be able to see how your school’s results compare to the average.
- The data we collect will be shared with policy-makers, both locally and nationally.
- Schools will have the opportunity to learn about and possibly take part in new food-based initiatives.
- Schools hosting observation days will be provided with a report with recommendations and ideas about for example, improving school meals and lunchtime experience.
- The report will be useful when preparing the new mandatory food statements that the government are bringing in soon.
- Children may enjoy taking part in research and having their opinions heard.
- Research projects may tie in with and support the national curriculum around DT, Science, Geography and PSHE.
Please fill in this FixOurFood School Survey to register your school to be part of our network.
Please direct general enquiries about the FixOurFood in Schools initiative to email@example.com